Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Monday, August 21, 2006

It's a'ight

I was nervous about going to tutor at the halfway house tonight because of the creep. I skipped last week because I just didn't want to deal with him. And no, it's not one of the inmates. It's the teacher. He won't leave me alone -- tries to keep me from working with the guys so he can monopolize my time with his blah, blah, blah, and even though I've shot him down every time, he's progressively getting weirder with his inappropriate comments (I miss you, I don't get to spend enough time with you, I need to take a picture of you. Uh, hell to the NO.)

I don't want him to force me out of this setup because I think I'm doing some good with the guys. I planned to give it one last try tonight, and if he acted up, I'd report him and try to find somewhere else to volunteer.

It turned out to be the best session ever. Soon as I got there, he had to go meet with some muckety-mucks (he did touch me several times before he left, on the arm and back -- grrrr). I got to stay with the class, sans teacher, for the evening. As soon as he left, they relaxed, I relaxed, and we had a great time and got some work done.

I think they think that I am nuts for being there. They're constantly asking me why. I told them I cut a guy for dissing my mom and got community service. They seemed satisfied with that. Other comments/questions I got tonight:

Where did you get your car?
Can I drive your car?
You need some 22-inchers on your car.
Somebody's breaking into your car! (I get this one every time. They seem to think it's hilarious. Or they are trying to get me to go to the window so they can look at my booty. Not sure.)
You have the smallest hands I've ever seen.
Why are you being so nice to me?
Can you come back tomorrow?
Can you be the teacher?
I like the way you explain it to me.
We won't let anything happen to you. (Somebody was messing around at the door and I guess I jumped, though I wasn't scared.)
The teacher tears me down -- you boost my self-esteem.

Awwwwww, ain't they sweet?

5 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger NWO said...

You must be sweet. And wonderful. And... nice booty too!

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all about your rumpster!

LOL

Seriously, you're making a difference. Someone's life is better because of you. :-)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger NWO said...

In the end, all we have to give is a glimpse of our spirits. It sounds like you gave, and they appreciate what they see. You have touched them for the better!

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

Teaching is an awesome profession. Teaching where you do is a true gift to the world. If those people had more teachers like you years ago, this would be a different world - I'd like to think a better one.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Thanks everyone. I'm going to keep at it and shove as much learnin' into those hoodlums' brains as I can. They still have a chance to straighten out their lives and take care of their families and I want as many of them as possible to grab that opportunity. Plus they know some really good dirty jokes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home