Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Grateful

My heart is full tonight. I'm so grateful and lucky to have so many real friends surrounding me, sharing their lives, loves, triumphs, laughter, fears, drama and secrets with me, and carrying mine. No games, no judgments, just genuine openness and caring and acceptance in good times and bad. To know that they care about me the way they do... there are almost no words, but I found the best I could. I took the opportunity this evening to let these people know just how deeply I care for them and how they've made my life richer in every way. I don't know how articulate I was but that hardly matters. I didn't do it for myself but I got more out of their responses in kind than I could have dreamed and the gorgeous smiles on their faces were priceless to me, and unforgettable. I hope they're still smiling. I am blessed.

5 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger NWO said...

I'm smiling too. It all matters.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Twinkie said...

That's AWESOME!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

NWO: Beautiful :)

Twinkie: Yes, it is. I felt a bit sappy, and you know that's not usually me, but a love fest with good, good people is food for the soul. Not sure I have a soul, but just in case...

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Angela said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

I know what you mean about friends. I'm always gushing about mine on my blog. The world - in particular the urban portions - can be pretty isolating, but my friends are fond of letting me know I'm never truly alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home