Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Thinking

You know when you obsessively think about one thing and you can't get it out of your head? You're staring off into space, you shake your head, as if you can physically knock the thought out. Even slap your cheek, but that doesn't work either. You think, I have work to do, places to go. I should do the dishes. But you don't. Maybe some music will push it out...but no, you're sick of all your music. A book, but no, one page is as far as you get, and what did it say? Who knows? Put it down. Walk around a bit. Try to think about what's for lunch. Nope, still there. You file your nails, put some lotion on. That killed five minutes. Still there. You "watch" TV, but not really. Still there, still there.

Boy, I'm glad that never happens to me.

8 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Alyson said...

Lol. That's been happening to me a lot lately. It seems that the more stressed out I get and the more things I need to do...I just diddle around even more. But hey, at least it's Friday...

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger NWO said...

Thinkin about hot dogs, chili cheese fries, popcorn and beer?

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

This was too funny... But yeah, I know about the obsessing thing, and just dawdlibng to avoid it all. I only got around to filing my tax return about two or three weeks ago...and I was owed a refund!

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're thinking about one thing obsessively because it's the one thing you SHOULDN'T be thinking about.

GEG, you're a hot woman. Go out, break some hearts (but not too many) and just *live*.

Sometimes, we all need to be bad....

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Matt, you make me laugh. But now the IRS has you flagged as a dawdler...

Sally, thanks. You don't know how right you are. "No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry."
I did my best to take your advice tonight. I think I did pretty well. ;) You only live once. Right???

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely. To quote Old Blue Eyes himself "You only live once, and if you live the way I lived, once is ENOUGH"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home