Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Why are you being so nice to me? Are you dying?? Oh god, am I dying?!?!

One thing I'll show up on time for is a massage. The other night, some of my girlfriends got together for a spa night and you better believe I was there with bells on. Not only do I love to get rubbed, I need all the girly help I can get. To illustrate, I told them the story of how one time I was so pleased with the results of the pumice stone I was using on my feet that I thought, "hm, what if..." And that's how I ended up with a raw, scratched, bleeding fanny. Queen of the dorks. They helped me out as much as they could, but then again, maybe I didn't learn anything. I was the only one who used both the microdermabrasion and the chemical peel on my face in one night (not supposed to use them within two days of each other). I'm such a risk taker like that.

So I'm massaged, buffed, peeled and moisturized. But I followed up the spa fest with two wild parties and I'm beat. Maybe now that I'm back at work, I can get some rest.

4 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

I really enjoy some spa time - and no, it's not just a girly thing anymore, guys (at least those with half-a-brain) enjoy a good massage as much as the next person! (My friends poke fun at my spa trips, but they help keep me sane.) I started with just massages, then went to manicures (it keeps me from biting my cuticles), and when I started practicing martial arts, went for pedicures since people are seeing my feet more, and the calluses can get mighty big and painful if not kept in check. If I had any hair left, I'd do that too!

Funniest part of it all: showing up at the dojo after a mani/pedi. First of all, Beth laughs at my shiny nails and how "blinding" they are (yes, I get the clear polish!). But when people try grabbing my wrists, they're too slippery from the lotion! It makes it a lot easier to escape a grapple... ;-) Who knew a spa trip could be good for self-defense?!

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger CourtesyZealot said...

The extent you girls got to, the pain you endure... never ceases to amaze me!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Matt: Nothing wrong with a guy taking care of himself. I'm sure you look younger than your years. :)

CZ: Just looking gorgeous for my man. That's what he calls me, anyway, so it must be true. :)

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

I've been told that... Shaving my head helps - hides how thin it is, and how much of what's left is gray.

I had shaved the beard and 'stash off recently - while it (and the weight loss) made me look over a decade younger, it had a drawback... One of the other guys in my dojo was also my approximate body type, shaved bald and clean-shaven, and people started getting us confused! I wanted my own identity back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home