Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Baseball has been very, very good to me

I love going to a baseball game. I'm very, very good at looking away at the most exciting, crucial moments, but I keep trying. Today was the first day here that it hasn't been hell hot and my Pinkie T had her company's suite. We slung open the sliding doors and had a cool breeze blowing through all night. Okay, so I'm a bad fan and I was watching Supernova on the TV (never seen it before -- it's crap and Dave Navarro is an idiot but I already knew that). But I do know that we won. And I had my girls with me. I also saw a guy catch a foul ball, give a big smile, and hand it to his adorable little curly-haired boy, about three years old. Who was so excited he promptly threw it over the balcony. Maybe he thought it was a Cubs game? Easy come, easy go!

Another win: I haven't been able to eat much for quite awhile, but for some reason when I got there and smelled the hot dogs, I got so hungry. I stuffed my little belly with dogs, chili cheese fries, popcorn and beer. Ah, satisfaction.

3 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

I was never a huge baseball fan, but I am a fan of going to a game now and then, just going with the flow, enjoying the event, eating the food, doing the 7th-inning stretch, etc. Sounded like a fun night out.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Twinkie said...

I like a game every now and again. The food's good, it's an excuse to drink beer, and the people watching is great.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger NWO said...

Fun! I can see it all, thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home