Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Too much worry

My mom is worried about me, but I'm worried about her. It sure gives us something to talk about. We spend quite a bit of time trying to get each other to relax, already. Too bad worry can't have any effect on her situation. She needs to have a surgery for one of the serious ailments that's been plaguing her for years. And afterwards, find out if the situation is also cancerous. On top of all that, she's terrified that she'll stop breathing during the surgery due to her severe asthma and they won't be able to help her. Almost anything could start an asthma attack, and she's completely stopped breathing and barely made it back before. And on top of THAT, the surgery keeps getting postponed because she's too anemic for it be performed. When people say that if you don't have your health, you don't have anything, they're absolutely right. She doesn't need the worry compounding her problems. The good news making the family rounds is that my brother and his wife found out that they're having a boy and everything is going as it should. That could just be the thought that keeps my mom going -- she's been so anxious for a grandchild for so long and it looks like she'll get one bouncing baby boy very soon. She better be here to hold him, damn it. If I get anything for Christmas, that's what I want.

3 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

Hey, here's hoping that you get your Christmas wish. (hug) Good luck.

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Fiona said...

I hope things turn out ok for your mum, I know first-hand about dealing with parents who are ill.

And lovely news!!! I'm sure she'll see this in a very positive light and it will help her to keep motivated.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Megs said...

I will keep my fingers crossed and your mom in my prayers...I hope this Christmas you get just what you want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home