Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pages

I have 98 books on my "to read" shelf. Does this strike anyone else as ridiculous? Some have been waiting there for years. Some are half-read, completely forgotten, so I'll need to start at the beginning again. At some point, I just had to have each of them, except the ones that were gifts, and then I laid them aside for other, probably lesser, pursuits. The longest is 1493 pages. The shortest is 95. I feel I owe it to each of them to take them in. I better get to work. Good thing I don't sleep anymore.

3 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Twinkie said...

Perhaps you could purge a few that you think you might not actually read? 98 sounds like a lot... but you read quickly, so maybe if you have a schedule... ;-)

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Oops, make that 103. I have a sickness. ;)

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

Is that all you have? I think I have that in my bedroom alone. I've got a huge-assed backlog of reading material - books, magazine, comics - and I work NIGHTS at a job with little to do for hours on end. And don't get me started on the DVDs...

But as my buddy Longplay likes to say, the books are there waiting for you, not the other way around. They're ready for you whenever you're ready for them. (Heck, you put it that way, it sounds better than having a significant other at times... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home