Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Monday, December 04, 2006

I'm old

Going out to celebrate Pinkie T's 30th seemed like a good idea, but it was filled with too many reminders that I AM OLD. When your 25-30 year old girlfriends keep complaining about how old they are, that hurts. And going along after dinner to the club, with the rap music that I am not at all familiar with and all those kids ... I'm probably their mothers' age. Jesus. So I hung in to the final three of a much larger group. I was out til 4 a.m. I'm a rock star, right? Except I was useless all Sunday recovering. OLD.

At least the people watching was excellent. K-Fed may get a ribbing in the press, but apparently all the kids want to dress and style (if that is the right word) their facial hair like him. I tried not to smirk directly in their direction because I'm so polite. And for the final three of us, there were two booty calls -- not bad numbers. Okay, okay, they were both for the birthday girl. Now, that's turning 30 with a bang.

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have 25-30 year old friends, and they want you to be at their party, you are not old.
You're cool enough to hang out until 4 am, I think that's outstanding.
Don't start looking at retirement homes just yet ;)

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

You're as old as you feel and as you act. Here I am, pushing forty, and I can outperform the teenage punks in my dojo less than half my age. Sensei, despite all his self-deprecations, can dance circles around me without breathing hard, and he's 45. So., another student there, is this little nothing of a 65-year-old who gives everyone fits and starts when he doesn't want to go down gently!

GEG - you have a loooooong way to go, or you have one foot in the grave already. The choice of which is entirely up to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home