Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Peeved, or worse

You know how when you hear people saying the same thing to you over and over, you want to rip their heads off???

I am going to take a moment to be a bitch here.

Stop asking me, "how are you?"

Stop it.

You freaking know that I'm doing terrible. You know I have better moments but in general my life is in the shitter. You know there's not much, if anything, you can do about it. Some of you are better at following through with real action and listening than others, and I do appreciate it, and I've told you so. But the off-hand, I-don't-expect-an-answer-other-than-I'm-fine questions have to stop or I am going to lose it -- and possibly beat you to a pulp.

I am trying my hardest to keep it together, but I can only take so much. If you are going to give me chocolate and keep your mouth shut, that's great. Now, you're helping me.

Otherwise, leave me alone and stop asking me that!

Thank you.

6 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger NWO said...

You should be feeling shitty, who wouldn't? I'm sorry you are feeling such hurt--I can't imagine what it must feel like. Just know that it will pass. Hang in, Girl.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Thanks, NWO. It's unbelievably shitty and tragic, but I'll make it out the other side.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

I know you will make it, GEG. And one of my favorite lies that I tell frequently, you should adopt as your personal mantra:

"I'm fine, thanks, and you?"

You;re absolutely right, most of the time when people are asking "how are you," they don't really care how you are - so don't take it personally. It's just another flavor of Hello.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Megs said...

Offering you a very very large chocolate bar, smiling and backing up slowly :)

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Chocolate and a smile? Come sit by me, sister. :)

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Cheesy said...

I dont mind if they ask in their best Joey fron Friends Brooklyn voice....

"How you doin?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home