Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Friday, November 17, 2006

It just bugs me

This passage in a book I'm reading made me laugh:

"And, of course, there is the immense, hovering presence of Danielle Westerman with her European-based culture, her thin, distinguished chin, her boxy knuckles and long crimson nails. Would Danielle approve? I scarcely ever budge from my habitual stances or perspectives without causing that stern question to flap against my ear. Last week I disappointed her by using the word veggies. She had thought better of me. I could tell."

If you know me, you know I have a problem with that word. I don't know why. It just makes me twitch. I'm trying to get past it. I'm not hopeful.

Funny, I ran into someone again today unexpectedly. An old friend I haven't seen for too long. It's always good to see a friendly face.

Oh well, I'm off to get some dinner and help set everything up for Pinkie T's surprise party. So far, so good -- everyone thinks the surprise remains intact. Shhhhh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home