Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

I'm on vacation

and I still can't seem to find the time to shave my legs. Oh well.

There's something I like to do on the weekends and I've been doing it this week. I wake up automatically early in the morning. I putter around, read the paper or whatever, and then about an hour later, I start getting sleepy. Then I go back to bed and sleep for a couple more hours. It doesn't sound like a big event, but I absolutely love it. That second sleep is sooooooo good. Decadent.

5 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Cheesy said...

Ahhhhh PERFECT!! The only ones who like doing that better than me are my kittens! They LUV momma days off!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

I can relate to the sleep thing. My sleeping pattern gets all whacked out on my days off - instead of the usual eight hours of sleep, sixteen hours awake, I just go all over the map. I get extra sleep overall, but I catch it in little bunches of 4-6 hours at a stretch, then stay awake for some short number of hours, then back to bed again. Really weird, and sounds irregular as hell. I'm starting to suspect that as much as I like staying awake nights, working nights, etc., my body's beginning to prefer being awake days and being up when the rest of the world is up.

Enjoy your decadence - it's what vacations were made for, weren't they?

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that. On my day off, I get up, eat breakfast, then go back to bed.

My tiny little dog sleeps curled up around my neck, or burrowed into my t-shirt.

I only get out of bed to get something to drink, go to the bathroom or get a book to fall asleep to.

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ, I wish I had the time to sleep in on the weekends... That luxury is a thing of the past.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Alyson said...

Hmmm...I've never heard of this "2nd sleep"....sounds nice though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home