Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Be nice to me

Because I gave blood today. That's what my sticker says. Or just be nice to me because you want to.

Giving blood isn't easy for me. I have tiny veins and it takes forever to fill up the bag. I came close to passing out -- but resisted. I'm not complaining, that's just how it is.

My coworker's daughter died this week. It's such a horrible tragedy. In my mind, giving blood was something I could do for someone else in a bad situation. Not that her death involved any bleeding, that I am aware of, but there's always a need. And I have it to give.

I was sitting there reeling, my brain buzzing, and in comes the tutor from the halfway house. It was strange. I haven't seen him for awhile because I'm taking a break from tutoring, so we had a chance to catch up. Maybe I'll get back to it in a little bit. Small world. Or he's following me.

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

Nope, it's a small world. But he is following you! ;-)

Congrats on the donation. I'm a bit overdue to give myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home