Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What? I can't hear you. WHAT???

My right ear is still ringing. The sign of a good rock and roll show. I love how two guys can make such a thunderous, vibrating sound that sucks all the thoughts out of my head. My guest (sorry everyone else I didn't choose, maybe you'll get lucky next time) and I were in the front row for The Black Keys, a few feet from a speaker that was a good four feet tall. The singer, before he got started, said we ought to have earplugs, but we said bring it. So they did. How did two scruffy white guys from Akron get so funky? My guest said there's nothing to do there but buy tires and do drugs. (I've never been, but I believe him. Ohio -- yuck.)

I had a CD of theirs with me, since my guest had just returned it to me, so I had the guys sign it. Then I had the singer sign my boob with saliva. Don't know what got into me --- I've never asked a musician to sign a CD before.

Not sure what's going on in this BK video, but a bit of mystery suits my mood. They're playing again tomorrow night; I think I have to go get all shook up again.

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Twinkie said...

Dag, girl. They are funky.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

Extremely good, very cool... Dang, I should have begged to go with you! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home