Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Gone dark

I haven't watched TV for five days. It disturbs me how little it has disturbed me. Don't get me wrong; I don't take this lightly. I've been thinking about it and wondering how this little boob tube vacation is going to affect me. I'll be back on the juice soon, I'm sure, but what if I didn't? Would that be un-American? Could I survive? Could I persuade people to listen to me talk about the books I'm reading instead of Project Runway? Yes, I saw a headline and I know neck tattoo won, that shit. For awhile, I could probably keep up, but then everyone would be talking about new shows and new people and I would become a pariah with no insights on Dancing with the Hoochies or This Week in Serial Killers.

Plus, I would miss my Oprah. Better to start watching again.

3 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Twinkie said...

I'm sure you'll survive it. I think I could even do a short-term stint, especially if I had a Tivo on my side.

But girl... there's a new MTV Challenge called The Duel. There was a girl-on-girl fist fight in the first episode! They're only going to replay that episode 1000 more times! Hurry!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

Ah, you're not missing that much. I've scaled back by more than half, and Beth never watches TV at all anymore (though she was addicted to this one daytime soap opera for a while...). I don't even know who Neck Tattoo is - and I don't miss that bit of knowledge one bit.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're lucky I actually stayed up three weeks in a row for the finale only to have lead-ups on. And the night of the finale I fell asleep.....as with the MTV shows, it was on at least 4 more times already so I'm sure you'll catch it if you haven't already. Personally I prefered Laura and Uli.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home