Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Every day should be like yesterday

There was nothing missing, that I can see. First thing, I hit the Y (friends in tow) for some BodyPump punishment. Good stuff. All revved up, I rushed home to hit the sheets for an afternoon of another type of exercise that's good for the bod. How does he come up with that stuff? Lordy, have mercy, it's a miracle. Had to rest my eyes for a bit and woke up STARVING. Off to Lonnie's for some dogs that make your heart hurt, they're so good.

Fully sated and with my strength back, we test drove this kick-ass roadster. I looked gooooood in it. Maybe it'll be my new toy.

Next, we explored the Mellwood Arts and Entertainment Center. Wow. I'd been meaning to go because a friend has gallery space there and is selling his art, but I had no idea. This place is amazing. It's in this enormous former meat-packing plant, and I didn't realize it was so extensive and successful. Literally hundreds of artists, working and selling their art, a restaurant, fitness center (not sure why they have that there). There was a big concert going on there and we hooked up with a couple of our music-loving friends for a bit. It's mostly a hacky-sack and patchouli crowd out there, and I wished I had my camera to capture the scene. Next time. The place was a bit overwhelming, but I did focus enough to get a beautiful gold, silver and amethyst bracelet.

But wait, there's more! We hooked up with Twink and got our eat and drink on down at the neighborhood mash-up. Moved the party so T could sing karaoke and we could all people-watch -- very satisfying. We all promised each other we wouldn't stay up til 4 or so like last time, but it wasn't to be. After T serenaded us one last time, headed back to the house and it got hysterically wrong and revealing and I laughed my ass off. (Oh yes, I have pictures, Twink. Of course, they incriminate everyone.)

Believe it or not, did some other fun stuff in there, too, but suffice it to say, what a Saturday! I have high hopes for Sunday.

Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home