Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Keep trying

A friend made a comment recently about acquired tastes. How the concept just doesn't seem right. But I'm not one to take advice.

I went to a Bourbon dinner the other night, where three Bourbons were paired with three courses. I've been to wine dinners and beer dinners, but this was a first -- because I'm not a Bourbon fan. I was just going to let my friends have mine, but when the time came, I took it as a challenge. I knocked them back. I'd had the Woodford Reserve and the Basil Hayden's before. Still not a fan. But the Jefferson's Reserve was quite nice. Of course, I have to like the one that is over 50 bucks a bottle.

Our state economy (and the population) lives and dies by tobacco, booze and gambling. I like a smoky treat when I'm stressed and now I've got my Jefferson's. Maybe I'll head over to the boat, place some bets, and complete my trifecta.

3 Comments:

At 3:10 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

Bourbon.... niiiiice... I'm a huge fan of most things alcoholic, especially the good stuff. Worst damage I've ever done was a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label - you don't wanna know what they go for... I bought my dad a pint of Chivas Royal Salute for Christmas once - that was $90, and that was before the price hike! For a bleedin' pint! But it was sooooo smoooooth....

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Okay, when you said the worst damage you've ever done, I thought you were going another way with that. ;)

This Jefferson's is smoooooove. I'm hooked.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

I actually had a friend call me yesterday, asking about a good Scotch I'd given as a gift and where he could get a bottle - a’bunadh, by Aberlour Distilleries. It's an awesome single malt from Speyside - you'd certainly appreciate it. Overproof, but still incredibly smooth. It usually runs just under 120 proof.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home