Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I have no control over it. Doctors have told me that when I feel it, the best thing to do is just release it. Otherwise, I could die.

What IS that irresistible impulse to laugh when a friend is in the middle of a humiliating experience? So, today, my friend and I were walking through a very crowded street. Suddenly, she veered toward the curb to try to pass these slowpokes and then went into a spectacular fall. First, a windmilling of the arms and wobbling back and forth for several seconds -- I thought she was going to save it -- and then about a three-quarter turn all the way down, a bounce off the curb, and a final landing on her ass. I was amazed at the intricacy of the movements. And only about 50 people saw the whole show.

OMG, I could NOT stop from laughing as I was pulling her up -- and every time I thought of it for the rest of the afternoon, I started up again (at my desk, in the parking garage elevator), which was embarrassing for me (not as embarrassing as the initial incident for her, of course.) I'm laughing my ass off right now!

She didn't hurt herself, just her pride, but she shook it off pretty well (this kind of thing happens quite often with her, actually). She didn't say she was upset; I worried that I made it worse, though. So, is it a good friend who will laugh at (with) you when you make a fool of yourself like that or is it a good friend who refrains??

3 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Twinkie said...

I have no idea, but I am DYING laughing. I almost peed.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home