Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bye, Derby 2006

After a long week at work, I was so ready for Derby festivities to get going. I even worked Friday morning, then finally took off for the Oaks. Even though I only had one winner, hanging out with my friends in the sun all day, and making new ones (temporary friends, anyway) made the week disappear. Could it get better? Yes, it could. I went home, kicked off my heels (and threw off my hat) and went over to my friends' house in my pajamas, where they fed me tacos and let me hang out in the hot tub. Those foot massage jets are simply heaven.

Saturday, I baked a killer chocolate cake, loaded up the car, and headed out to meet up with Twinkie and her friends for an all-day Derby party. There's nothing like a chilled-out group that makes you feel welcome when you show up for the first time, especially when you're a weirdo like me. They even had a giant bonfire to top the night off.

To top the weekend off, I spent part of today in bed, eating cookies and reading. More heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home