Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Monday, April 24, 2006

If you can't beat 'em

As soon as I moved here, I noticed this little Kentuckiana quirk. When someone doesn't hear what you just said to them, they say, "do what?" I'd never heard it before, and every time I did, it made me laugh. Not laugh in their face, but more behind their back-like. It just always sounded off.

"Where are we going for lunch?" "Do what?"
"Your boyfriend's sick AGAIN?" "Do what?"
"You've got something on your chin..." "Do what?"

Then it started to sound more normal. Then the other day -- I heard it coming out of my mouth. Uhhhhh, looks like I'm here to stay.

2 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I never realized how often I say "Do what?" until I read this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home