Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

I know you'll find this hard to believe

So it's almost Derby time. The Ville's very own holiday that requires that no work be done for up to and including four weeks. With all the talk about the horses, I'm skeptical about something. How come almost everybody starts denying that they ever win at the track when it comes up? Is this along the lines of the "I've never won anything" line you get whenever anyone wins anything? Somebody's winning something. I seen 'em. Well, I'm here to tell you that I didn't tear it up yesterday at Keeneland, but I did have one winner -- thanks, Humorous Gal. Played hooky and broke even and that's a win in my book.

Okay, here's another thing I'm skeptical about. Every time I go to a surprise party -- and Pinkie V's last night was a big success -- the peanut gallery pipes up about how they've never had a surprise party. Pinkie V, actually, was the only one who wasn't saying so -- I think she's has many of them thrown for her (deservedly). I think that's sad -- everyone should be getting surprise parties thrown for them all the time. Unless they have a weak heart or an itchy trigger finger, it's pleasantly memorable for the honoree and fun for the planners (all the lying, none of the guilt). And not just for birthdays -- how much better is the surprise when it's just for the hell of it? (hint, hint)

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home