Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Taking a breath



Haven't had time to post to this little bloggy lately because I've been running, running, running. I was already too busy, then brilliant me added more to the mix. Had my first flying lesson! I thought I'd be doing more observing than anything, but no...I flew the hell out of that plane! I know I'm abusing the exclamation points, but it is warranted! We took a single-engine Cessna up and jumped right into maintaining airspeed, altitude, power levels, trim, horizon angle, plus all the pre-flight procedures. I'm such a dork; I went in a skirt and heels because I had to go to another function right after, so I was climbing up on the wing to check the fuel and oil in my pretty little outfit. And, in that plane, at least, I could barely reach the foot controls without throwing my entire body forward and straining. I'm going to have sit on a pillow or something. At least that is easily remedied. The next day, I went up again with flyboy and his student/friend, who's just about ready for his multi-engine check ride, to observe. My camera was malfunctioning so I took a few pics with my phone. I'll get better ones later.
I can't wait for this weekend's flight and the next entry in my pilot's log. You can start calling me Captain now.


4 Comments:

At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is wow !

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Moi said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy the flight, Captain Green Eyes!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Don said...

Damn - you're making me envious as all hell! Let's hope my soon-to-be singledom is at least half as fun as yours is turning out to be.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

I'm having the time of my life. Just get out there and do it all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home