Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Monday, March 19, 2007

I was missing?

Apparently so. Today, I got a very pleasant surprise. An e-mail from a girl I went to high school with. She'd seen me listed as "missing" on a Web site for our high school reunion and tracked me down. I had kind of been wondering if anyone was organizing a reunion for this year, but hadn't gone to the trouble of trying to find out.

This girl is one of maybe two people from my class that I'd care to hear from. We haven't been in touch for quite some time, sadly, but I think of her often and kept a picture of her on my fridge for years (I wonder what happened to it?). She and I were drawn together, I think, because we were both tenuously connected to everything, but attached to nothing. Always watching and, of course, commenting. She was always an old soul. She seemed to have the answers to all my questions. I could never figure out how she knew so much about life when she was the same age as me. Someone so beautiful, witty, book smart and street smart just knocks me out. I guess you could say I was in awe of her. Still am. We also had in common that we weren't sentimental sorts, and I think we still do. So a couple of things she wrote today in our notes back and forth touched me.

I wanted to reflect on some of the highlights of HS -- like you.
Let's not lose each other again.

I don't know if I'll go to that reunion, though it would be entertaining, I'm sure. But I'll definitely be seeing her as soon as possible.

Wow. Just wow.

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger NWO said...

What a hoot! I can't wait to hear how that turns out.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Don said...

I love having reunions like that with old, long-lost friends. I'm looking forward to hearing about it afterwards.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Cheesy said...

I just got notice of my HS reunion in email myself.. I wont even mention which one.. will take me a week to recoop from the shock of seeing it in print lol...

But.. I adore running into old friends.. makes getting old worthwhile!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Sally-Sal said...

What a great story! Sounds like that is the kind of friendship that can survive...anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home