Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Don't know what's happening to me

Not too long ago, I found out what a blitz was. And what covering the spread means. These are football-related terms. Football is a game, played mainly by American men, lasting approximately 67 hours per session and involving large amounts of violence. I do not care about football. Or, I thought I didn't. I used to find it useful for helping me get to sleep on the couch. I'm scared now, because it feels like I'm getting sucked into caring, a bit, about the sport of football. I know a few players' names and I've actually gone so far as to click on a football-related Internet story. I felt a pang of -- something -- when a team I have a slight connection to lost a big game this weekend. I thought, "they need to beef up that excuse for a running game." Please, help me. I need an intervention before I start scheduling viewings.

8 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Twinkie said...

I've always thought a "Quarterback sneak" sounded fun, and I've always wanted a "tight end." I've been watching football-related reality tv and it's having some effect on my understanding of the game, but I have no "team"... How do you get one?

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

Hahahahahahaha!!! OMG, you're becoming a football fanatic's wet dream!

I don't think I ever laughed this hard before I started reading blogs... ;-)

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama Boucher: No son of mine is gonna play any foos-ball.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger NWO said...

Well, football is fine, but don't let it get in the way of writing for us.

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no new posts? I'm saddened....

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you start rooting for the NJ Jets, your Fall season will be one long battle with depression and anger. Take it from someone who has been a fan since high school; pick any other team. The NY Jets will break your heart every damn time.

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pick any team besides the NY Jets to root for. I have been a fan since high school, and let me assure you: the Jets will break your heart every time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home