Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Getting back on the horse

So girlfriend Bridezilla is now Wifezilla. This was her second wedding, and we all wondered why exactly she was going whole-hog (again), but it's what she wanted and I have to say she pulled off one of the most fun, beautiful weddings and receptions I've been to. It started off a little nuts, with E and I making wrong turns, hitting a roadblock, missing the church (no sign) and running in so late that we cut the wedding party off mid-march and the groom had to yell at us, "GO, GO, GO!" We slid into our seats just in time. Always make an entrance.

Don't know where they found a funny priest, but his gift to the bride and groom of a barrel of monkeys during the ceremony was hilarious. Every Catholic wedding should have a barrel of monkeys from now on. According to me. E's bra malfunction in the middle of the ceremony made me laugh even more -- and then I got to half-undress her in the car (yes, I redressed her). Anyhoo, the reception/food/wine were amazing, up until the point where I broke my camera, accused some unknown person of stealing my guest gift out of my purse, and had to be dragged home. Like I said, good wedding.

Next weekend, my brother is getting back on the horse. He's been through basically hell the last couple of years, but I really, really like his new woman and she makes him happy. They're going down to the courthouse to get the legalities out of the way expeditiously, and then having a big party with their friends. No wedding. Unfortunately, I cannot be there, but I'm crossing my fingers that they also get exactly what they want -- Saturday night and on and on.

3 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

Damn, my wedding was nowhere near as much fun - and my wife played bagpipes in her wedding dress! She just asked the hostess to give her what I was having, without realizing I was drinking scotch doubles on the rocks...

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Matt Kohai said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home