Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Somebody knock me out

When I was in high school, I would write "I (heart) sleep" on my notebooks, along with "I (heart) this boy or that boy." Running from school, to work, to home to watch my sister and brother, to music lessons, to volunteer assignments, to tae kwon do and everything damned thing, I never got enough rest (but my college apps sure did look good). I constantly daydreamed about getting my next chance to sleep and dream for real.

For awhile, I was a champion sleeper, but if I had a Trapper Keeper now, I'd write the same thing I did in high school. I've lost my ZZZZs and I can't find them anywhere. I walk around like a zombie most days after roaming the house like a zombie most of the night. You'd think with all these waking hours, I'd get more done, but sadly, no. My brain races from thought to thought at a dizzying pace, then shuts down -- but not all the way. Medication isn't working and I'm not a big fan of drinking myself to sleep. These types of tricks don't seem to do much. I'm tired of being tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home