Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Thanks and goodbye

I received a typically dramatic message from an ex-friend a couple of days ago. Actually, I didn't receive it; a third party got it and passed it along to me. Ah, drama. Around the same time, I found in my wallet a forgotten gift card this person had given me when she was all about me. The message asked about a DVD she'd loaned me back in the day. This afternoon, I dropped the DVD off on her porch and then drove to the mall. I spent the Body Shop gift card in about 10 seconds flat. Lotions and such are a weakness of mine. Now I smell sweet (or sweeter) -- of vanilla and white musk. Mmm.

So, now it's all over, I suppose. It was a wild ride with this person, and I probably got out just in time -- before the real damage came. I want to send this thought for her out into the ether: I hope that you are taking care of yourself and the people around you. Interesting is the best way I can describe knowing you -- you taught me a lot about friendship and some lessons about myself. Thanks for everything you gave me, tangible and otherwise. You should know that I'm doing great and you were wrong. (Oh, and I guess you forgot I still have your house key...)

2 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger CourtesyZealot said...

That sounds like you have a healthy attitude towards your split.

That being said, I'll bet you do smell great all lathered up in your new lotion! May I have a sniff?

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Sometimes, I feel healthy about it. Then I wonder how I got sucked into her craziness in the first place. Ah well, an experience that's wised me up some, to be sure.

Yes, come closer...you like?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home