Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Saving the world

I started a new volunteer assignment last night, and it went great. I don't tend to worry too much about going into new situations. Some women might be nervous about volunteering at a mens' halfway house, but I knew it would work out. I hadn't given safety a second thought, but it was so cute how the two men running the class were so protective of me. I ended up working separately from the full class with two men who were putting all their effort into their work. Since it was my first time there, I wasn't sure if I'd be observing or actually thrown into the mix. It turned out to be the latter. I made it up as I went along, and I must say I did a pretty good job. There were some funny moments when guys kept coming in to "ask the teacher a question." They were on a mission to get a look at me. Ah well, I'm used to that wherever I go. ;)

I'm looking forward to doing more preparation for my future sessions there; I can tell that it'll be worth it for the students and it's already rewarding for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home