Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Road trip

Last night's wild full moon craziness never came to fruition for me. The David Mead show was okay and I got to see smart girl and meet some new people, but I can't say much else about it. Maybe next month???

I attended the Reds/Phillies game today, but I couldn't be expected to maintain 100 percent sports concentration through the whole game. I amused myself by rating the mustaches of the inhabitants of my section. Yes, I am a big, big mustache fan. There were some real beauties. Full ones, smooth ones, salt-and-pepper ones, full mustache/beard combos, even a fully waxed one. Food for thought through 10 innings. A few of the ladies had some nice ones, too, and the baby in front of me was sporting a chocolate mustache through most of the game, as well. If only my subjects knew what I was thinking...

Part of the ritual when attending games in Cincy is to go to Jungle Jim's. This store is an experience -- they don't have everything, but darned near it. The fun of it is picking out new weird stuff to try. I always find something in the "exotic meats" department. I wanted to get the bone-in rattlesnake, which looked like a giant over-ripe banana. But at $100, it wasn't going to happen. Brought home the kangaroo medallions instead. I also found some Yali pears from China, a feijoa, which I'd never heard of before (it smells heavenly), and some strange British inventions -- they never let me down in the weirdness department. One little jar is called Bloater Paste and the other is a tuna/mayonnaise concoction. There seems to be some skepticism about whether I'll actually consume these items, but I will, oh I will. I'm not scared.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Twinkie said...

"maintain 100 percent sports concentration"
LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home