Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Dance Party 1987

On the way to work this morning, I heard an earworm -- ya know, a song that cycles through your brain all day long, whether you like it or not, mercilessly. It's a ridiculous song, called, ahem, Da Butt. Oh yeah.

Walked in this place surprised to see
A big girl gettin' busy, just rockin' to the go-go beat
The way she shook her booty sho' looked good to me
I said, 'Come here, big girl, won't you rock my world
Show that dance to me.' She was...

Not only can I not get that sucker out of my head, it's taken me back to my freshman year in college. I don't even think I've heard the song since then, until today. I don't think about that time of my life that often anymore -- honestly, a lot of it is pretty much a blur. But I cannot forget how we were ate up with the song at all the campus parties that year. It'd play probably four or five times a night and my girlfriends and I acted like (bigger) fools every time. Of course, you have to have a partner to do the dance right. That song was the PERFECT ice-breaker, if you know what I mean. You pick a guy -- hell, yes, he'll dance with you for this one, are you kidding? -- and then you get to know him pretty well, pretty fast...And I did. Oh man, I can see him now, he was so beautiful.

Doin' the butt. Hey pretty, pretty
When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion, hey
Doin' the butt. Hey sexy, sexy
Ain't nothing wrong,
if you wanna do the butt all night long
(Hey yeah-ee yeah. Yeah-ee, Yeah-ee, Yeah-ee Yeah)
Ow, what you gonna do about it (Yeah-ee yeah. Yeah-ee)
Shake it! (Yeah-ee, Yeah-ee Yeah)

Then when the dance floor was completely packed, everyone was grinding away, and the sweat was pouring down our faces (and other parts), came the even more goofy part -- audience participation -- sing it with me, now, don't be shy:

Tanya got a big ol' butt (oh yeah?)
Theresa got a big ol' butt (oh yeah?)
Irene got a big ol' butt (oh yeah?)
Melissa got a big ol' butt now
And Sonya got a big ol' butt (oh yeah?)
And Shirley got a big ol' butt (oh yeah?)
Ol' Tammy got a bubble butt (oh yeah?)
Little Keisha got a big ol' butt, now, gimme the butt!

Yes, it's all coming back to me now. Wow!

2 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Twinkie said...

Oh yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home