Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

18 again

I don't know if it was started by thinking about my college days on Friday, but I had the funniest feeling this past weekend, as I floated from place to place. That's what it felt like, floating. No, I'm not running a fever. When I was 18, I was constantly running, from classes to the library to my multiple jobs to parties and get-togethers and every damned thing. It was like I never touched down. And everything I did was for myself -- just what I wanted, when I wanted it. Eighteen-year-olds can be very selfish, no? Friday, I was considering an invitation to go to dinner with a big group of friends, but I just wasn't feeling it, so I waited to commit. Sure enough, I got a last-minute invite to play poker and hang with Twinkie. It turned out great -- a whole new group of fun people and good Texas Hold 'Em. All night, my other friends were texting me -- I'm not too good at texting (I hardly ever do it) -- and it was too fun sending crazy, mixed-up stuff back and forth. I felt so social. ;) Saturday, I bought myself a new outfit, something I haven't done for a shamefully long time. With my new green top, new jeans, and awesome green leather heels, I headed out with other friends to see Alejandro Escovedo (for the second time, I adore him), Ralph Stanley (for the first time, and it was amazing -- everyone was in awe when he did Oh, Death a cappella), and discovered a new favorite, The Yonder Mountain String Band. I got completely lost in the live music. I felt so young again, almost carefree.

Sunday, I rested. Did my own solo thing all day, which is always the best. Oh well, now it's back to mid-life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home