Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Monday, May 22, 2006

I love my mom

Especially when we get into phone conversations like this.

Mom: So I'm going to get together with some of my friends. They've decided they want to make jewelry. I'll try, but I don't know how to do it. I'll probably make some tacky pieces that I can send you. Maybe you'll wear them.

Me: Uh, okay. Sounds like fun. You should definitely do it.

Mom: Now, you, you're so talented, you have made some beautiful jewelry. I wish I were talented like you.

Me: Oh, now, you're the talented one. I'm sure it'll turn out great.

Mom: I remember when you made some beautiful earrings with beads and feathers...

Me: I never made any jewelry with feathers!

Mom: They were big, and they had feathers...

Me: I never made any jewelry with feathers! [pacing]

Mom: Oh, I thought they had feathers, and with the beads, they were so pretty!

Me: No feathers! [furiously yanking hair from head]

Mom: Those feathers...

Me: Mom! NO feathers! I know you gave me a Native American name, but I have not ever, and will not ever, make nor wear feather earrings, necklaces, bracelets, anklets or headdresses! [both pacing and yanking]

Mom: Oh, well, but...

Me: No.

Mom: Well.

Me: Yeah.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Twinkie said...

Remember when you gave me those beautiful fur- and feather-covered earrings with the dangling sequins? Remember? Do you? Remember?

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Well, they looked good on you, Twinkie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home