Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It could always be worse

1. I got rear-ended on the road this morning. My first reaction was to go into immediate denial, with my head in my hands. But the other driver had the exact same car as me, so we were matched in weight and bumper height. We couldn't find any visible damage, so we exchanged information and went on our ways. The other driver called me later to make sure I was okay and apologize. She had been on her way to a doctor's appointment -- an appointment having to do with whether she has cancer. She won't get the results for a couple of weeks. I was glad that I hadn't gone off on her unnecessarily. She didn't need the added stress. (Who does?)

That was the first combo reminder that it could always be worse.

2. I found out later in the day today that the other party in a developing "thing" is married. He thought I wouldn't find out. Of course, I did. I'm not stupid. Nor am I interested in a married man. No more developments for him -- with me. Much better now than later.

It could always be worse!

4 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, Blogger Don said...

Wow - you're day seems to have been anything but boring. Yes, things could have been much worse. I'm glad to hear you survived the accident and the married guy unscathed.

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

NWO, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice -- oh, okay, let's go!

Matt, it was a very strange day. Definitely not boring around here these days. And that would be worse, ya know?

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Jonas said...

Hey...all's well that ends well. Two potential disasters avoided. You're on a roll!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Ah, Jonas, but I didn't tell you all the ways I screwed up that day. ... and I don't think I will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home