Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Zenned out

Yesterday, I met up with LaToya for book club, but it's hard to have book club when nobody else shows up. Also hard when nobody finishes the book (except me). Certain people will tell you that I've killed two book clubs so far. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm starting to think it's true, because this one isn't going so well. That's not gonna stop me, though. I'm just gonna keep going, leaving book club destruction in my wake. I'm in two right now, so I should be hitting the double digits before too long. I'm feeling nostalgic for my last book club. We had the most outrageous times. Too fun. So no big discussion of The Known World, unfortunately, but it's beautiful and complex and I highly recommend it.

The good news is we met at Zen Garden and got our eat on. The menu is all vegetarian, which isn't really my thing, but LaToya led the way. The fried tofu with peanut sauce was incredible. My pan fried noodles with tofu and vegetables were delish and that chocolate peanut butter pie was too much. Who knew I could eat so much tofu and leave with a smile on my face?

Last night, headed out to the Rhett Miller concert, which was hot in every possible way. Smart girl and her man surprised me and came out to join us. Once Rhett hit the stage, we girls rushed to the front and shook our moneymakers and lost our minds. That boy is such a cutie; he has this incredible smile, just loving the rock and roll. It works for me. Excellent.

Hit Brendan's after for drinks. Bad news: Smart girl is moving to NYC in June. I do think the move will be good for her; she's had a hard year and needs a new view. And I'll have one more person to stay with on trips to NY.

6 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Twinkie said...

:-)

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I once heard about this great book club where managmnet was not invited. Story of my life, on the darkside looking in.

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Mwa-ha-ha. Troublemaking is just too much fun. I told y'all I was a devil.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home