Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Wasn't supposed to

It wasn't supposed to be like this, was it?

I wasn't looking for it. Neither was he. I was doing something else. I'd look later. I had my whole life ahead of me.

Some of you know I fought it like a wild animal. It made me ill when I missed him. Damn it! My mind rebelled against itself. I ran the other way.

On paper, I wouldn't have accepted it. I'm not trendy. Being a cougar is trendy. Therefore, I couldn't do this.

I stubbornly fought. He was patient. I said I didn't want the exciting, independent, patient, persistent, genuine, self-aware, intelligent, physical, ambitious, adventurous, thoughtful, confident, devoted man. Who loves to travel and experience the world and life as much as I do and makes it a priority. Who doesn't want kids or already have a brood. Who has a lust for life and learning and teaching. Who is a passionate bickerer and lover. Who tells me I'm a pain when I need to hear it. Who admires me. Who pushes me forward. Who wants me. Who loves me. But he gave me my space and my time. Whatever I asked.

I love him. I love him and he loves me. We are in love.

8 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Jonas said...

The skies truly have been friendly. Good for you!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger NWO said...

He's under the spell of green eyes! Enjoy the ride hun.

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news, Congratulations!

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the ride indeed LOL (I am so smutty) congrats green one !

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Fiona said...

Ditto - I wasn't looking either and I found true love. He wasn't looking and found it too.

We fought it and it fought back. And love won.

I'm as happy for you as I am for myself!

Hey we're fellow cougars ;)

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Jonas, I couldn't be happier.

NWO, I adore your spirit, you know that?

Anon, TY.

Sidoggy, best ride I've ever had, you old perv, you.

Fiona, isn't it nuts? I've been in your exact situation but it didn't work out...however, it led me to this happiness, in a way. And I'm so happy for you and your man! So, I'm curious, how young did you go???

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Fiona said...

It's wonderfully nuts. And I truly believe that it's only by going through what we do, that we are able to appreciate what we now have :)

*L* not THAT young, I'm a +6 on him but he looks about 10 years younger than he is!! How about you? ;)

P.S. Did you get my email...asian snack package (with a heavy emphasis on coated peanuts) will roll soon!!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Fiona, You are right. :) I went 12 years younger, almost exactly. I had a big issue with it at first, but I've gotten over it. He thinks it's the best thing ever. Cougars indeed!

I did get your e-mail yesterday and the snack exchange is on! woo hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home