Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Communing with the dead




My shadow and I took a walk in Cave Hill Cemetery today. What a marvelous spot to walk and think, especially on a glorious day like today, with the crabapples greening up and blooming, and the little purple violets and the little white flowers I don't know the name of everywhere. The cemetery is off of one of the busiest streets in town, but you'd never know it, it's so peaceful. While I understand the desire in some, when I go, I don't want to be buried. I don't want the money, space or effort wasted on me. You can just throw me over a cliff or something.

My favorite names from gravestones today:
Capitola Burnett
Mary Berry Brent
Theodosia Moore

Funny, right next to the cemetery is a house with one of those stones with the family name carved into it in the front yard. Can't help but think of a gravestone when I see it.

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home