Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

What did you call me?

Such is life that what you want will come, but not when you want it. When I was a little kid, I wanted a nickname so badly, but nobody ever gave me one -- and that's one thing you can't do yourself. Among me and my brother and sister, I have an unusual name that might seem to invite nicknames, and they each have pretty mainstream names. But each of them picked up a nickname from virtually day one that has stuck to this day. I couldn't for the life of me get anyone to call me anything but my given, crazy name. Now, I adore my name but I've also somehow picked up a string of nicknames along the way: K______ Bean, K______ Doll, LaQueesha, Milady, Cheenee, Pinkie K______ and Rasputin eyes (my favorite) and a few others. Of course, those are ones that I know about. The secret nicknames we give are the best. I like to think I have other nicknames that skewer me so well that I can never be told of them.

5 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I remember one time when that crazy "Builder" witch called you Tina. I was so hoping that you would take her down. Another fantasy that never came true.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Ah, see, there's another one I had forgotten about momentarily. There were so many people in line to take her out, I couldn't even shoulder my way to the front! Good times, good times.

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home