Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

I drank the fat

I vaguely remember a Friends episode about Joey and a glass of fat. Somebody was trying to bribe him to drink it, or he was trying to get paid to drink it, or something. What a stupid show. I thought of it over Thanksgiving. I was cooking stuffing -- chopping, stirring, sauteeing, just cooking up a storm, and I grabbed my coffee cup and dumped the last of the pot in. Did a little more stirring and seasoning, picked up the cup and took a giant swig. Oh, gag! It took a few minutes before I started to comprehend what I had done. It was so hot. And it tasted so foul. I had picked up the wrong cup, one that had had bacon fat poured in it, and dumped the coffee on top. I was very lucky that the grease had at least started to cool down, so I didn't actually burn myself. I cannot describe the taste. However, I got to experience it for the rest of the day. I kept remembering that drink and burping up the taste of bacon fat and smoky coffee. Good god. I told my friend about it and he said, well, basically you just drank red eye gravy. Without the sugar. Which tells you something about people who make and eat red eye gravy. I don't know much about it, and at this point, I don't think I've been missing anything. This recipe I found doesn't even include sugar. I'll never be able to eat that. Nasty. The stuffing was to die for, though.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Alyson said...

Disgusting...better you than me! I'd have thrown up on the spot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home