Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

And the award for the Best Boyfriend EVER goes to...

Duh. Pilot! How did he earn this crown, you are asking. I shall tell you. On top of all the undivided attention, unconditional love, sense of adventure, dirty jokes and hours of debating whenever I get the urge -- which is very, very often -- he bought me a house. And I don't mean he put a down payment on one. He paid off the mortgage I took on last year. Bought. The House. Whoa.

That was the last remaining debt between the two of us. Now we have no mortgage payment, no rent, no nothing. In fact, we have no payment on the three houses and two condos that we own. I am still in shock.

It's true and always will be that money can't buy you happiness. Don't try to convince yourself otherwise. We were happy when we were broke-no-joke and we're just as happy now. Only the circumstances have changed. And they'll change again. Thank goodness. Samey-samey is boring -- and I do not do boring.

3 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Alyson said...

For the love of God tell where to get one of those!

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, girl. You must have been GOOOOOOD this year. ;) Congrats!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Otherworldly One, I hate to tell you this, but the "where" is in a bar, in this case. Just be adorable and charming, keep an eye out for the one who looks at you "that way" and make him fall madly in love with you and want to spend the rest of his life with you. I know you know how to do that!

Kim, you know I try. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home