Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Places: Fell's Point, Baltimore, Maryland



I took this moments before I walked into the bar where I would meet my love. I've always enjoyed this picture. The green door, the blue door and the snow at the end of the little alley are fresh and soothing. Why my friend and I decided on Baltimore as our February vacation destination, I can no longer remember. It may have had something to do with a cheap flight. And we almost cancelled the day before, because of the massive ice storm that was blowing through the city. We went, though, which makes me constantly wonder about fate. There was no good reason for me to be there at that time. Or was there???? The rest of the story, as they say, is that I now have the best boyfriend in the world, a man who is perfect for me. I still get that little thrill of joy every time we reunite.

We were each traveling when we met, crossing paths in another city, though we both lived here in the Ville. And how could it have been otherwise? We're working on seeing the world together. This city, Baltimore, has a special place in my heart.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Don said...

You're a fortunate lady. There is just so much in our lives that happen due to nothing more than kismet or serendipity. I suppose that on that day, during that trip, you were just a little more serendipitous than most! :)

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Alyson said...

Fantastic...like the movie. There is something about that alley....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home