Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Friday, October 03, 2008

I gave

Yesterday, I was walking past a women's clinic. Actually, I was walking on the other side of the street, but the group of people standing outside the clinic with signs around their necks caught my attention. I'd walked by a week ago and saw two people there with signs saying, "pray to end abortion." They were indeed praying, very quietly, on the sidewalk. At the time, I assumed it was an isolated incident, but yesterday, there were five or six of them, and it appears that this clinic is being targeted on a daily basis. For protesters, they're not very in your face. They were praying at a whisper level, and their signs are small and white. But the scene turned on a switch inside me, so I jaywalked across the street and into the clinic.

I talked with the director. I told her that I didn't know anything about the clinic specifically, but that I wondered if it accepts donations. She said she didn't get many offers like that, but she does have clients come in who don't have the funds for the services they need. I said the people outside had gotten my attention and made me come in. I gave her all the cash I had on me. I didn't have my purse with me, or I would have given much more. I told her I'd be back next week to make another donation. She thanked me and said she was glad that those people's negative energy had created something positive. I didn't tell the protesters what I had done, or why I had done it. I considered it, but let them wonder. It's none of their business who walks in that clinic or why. They will do what they feel they need to do, and I will do what I feel I need to do.

I feel better.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Fiona said...

Big thumbs up. We need to have those choices. The alternative is unthinkable.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Jonas said...

Good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home