Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

What's the good word?

I am absolutely enamored of my new word find. Snuggery. I'd never heard or read it before until I came across it in a 100-year-old book I just read. A woman retreated to her snuggery for some quality solitary time. Then, last night, I was watching a show on Jefferson Davis and heard about how he and his wife would go into their snuggery to talk and have privacy. Isn't it a beautiful word? We must do a better job of keeping these words in circulation.

I didn't realize we were creating a snuggery, but now I know. We've recarpeted the upstairs and moved in comfy, pretty furniture. My books, artworks, photographs are all there. It gets great southern light. It's soothing, cozy and snug. I shall retire to it immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home