Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

More is better?

Northwest Airlines wrote to ask me whether I might be interested in using my accumulated miles, which have been sitting stagnant for years, to get a bunch of free magazines. Hmm. Since I now fly free wherever, whenever, I guess. Well, yes. Yes, I would! But are they really free? There must be a handling fee for each one or something. Nope. Free. I already get tons of magazines: cooking magazines, entertainment magazines, travel magazines, literary magazines, a couple of women's magazines, current events magazines. I pick more up when I travel. Pilot brings them to me. I'm a fan. I like the glossy pages and the variety, the unexpected topics I wouldn't have come across otherwise, and especially the short-form writing. It fits my current lack of attention span. I still love reading, but it's gotta be good to hold me for long. Plus, I consider it studying for my own work. The more I read, the better I write.

Now the Northwest list of six or seven new titles is starting to arrive. I can't keep up. What was I thinking???

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am a big magazine fan reading everything and anything, it is an expensive obsession though so I envy you getting them for gratis !

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a great way to recycle some of those magazines! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=247280.0
I just bought some paper fasteners and plan on trying this soon. Looks cool! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home