Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Hate flying? You don't know the half of it

I knew we were all getting screwed seven ways from Sunday when flying, but I've learned so much more about the operation from Pilot, and it isn't pretty. This example can be used as another reason for you to hate flying or for you to hate me. Take your pick; I don't really care.

Pilot set me up to fly out of the Ville a few days ago, to LaGuardia, where I would get on the plane he was flying into Providence, for a few days of R&R. I had a very short layover to get to that second flight, so just to make sure that I wouldn't miss it, Pilot and his co-pilot agreed/arranged that if my flight into LaGuardia was delayed or I had some other problem getting there on time, they would "find" something wrong with the plane and call in maintenance to check it out. They would keep doing so until I made the flight.

As it turned out, his flight into NY was delayed more than mine was, I made the flight on time, no fake delays were needed this time, and we had a fabulous vacation. But there will come a day when he'll need to do that for me.

Just thought you should know this kind of thing goes on all the time -- Enjoy!

3 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Blogger Don said...

Ah, so you're the reason!!

;-)

Glad you had a good vacation. Been a while since we chatted - call me sometime soon, OK?

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger NWO said...

You are right: this is something i didn't want to know. Geeze...

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Fiona said...

So that might be why there was a three-hour delay out of SFO, causing me to miss my connection, on my last trip???

Hang on, no, there was no mystery female boarding just before the problem was fixed.

But thanks for the heads up, if someone does mysteriously appear on board a delayed flight in future, I'll be asking A LOT of questions ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home