Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Hope lives

Certain circles of folks exist that spend time thinking about my womb. More specifically, will it ever produce? Over many years, these folks have been beaten into submission with, "no, no, no, no, no, no. It won't. What part of no don't you understand?" A satisfying silence resulted.

My changing circumstances apparently have created in these folks a new belief that there could now be a glimmer of a whisper of an inkling of a chance that one day a sperm could meet an egg in said womb, thus producing a human child. To these folks, I now say, "why don't you take up a hobby? I hear origami is challenging and fun. Make me a swan or one of those little frogs that jump. Please?" It's not nearly as effective now; the silence is diminished.

No doubt such a meeting would produce the most good-looking, charming, articulate, witty, mop-headed small person imagineable. It might even have green eyes and be quite devilish.

This is all theoretical, but one thing I have learned is not to waste time trying to predict the future, because I will be wrong. So I guess I have to change my answer to, "never say never."

4 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger NWO said...

This is definitely a case of the journey being more rewarding than the destination. Never give up trying!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

NWO, LOL, here's to many, many hours of practice, my fellow journeyman. Cheers.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Don said...

Hey, just do what I've been doing all these years. When people ask Lynn or me when we're planning to have kids, I tell them, "I'm waiting until they go on sale, though with our luck it'll be a 2-for-1 deal."

I've just about given up all prognostications, with few exceptions. I've been wrong far more often than I've been right.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Kohai, being wrong isn't the end of the world. Happens every day and we're still here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home