Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ritualism

Too much stress and change at once is bringing out my obsessive side. I've started to notice distinct patterns recently -- eating the same food most days, listening to the same music over and over, obsessive cleaning (that's a new one), obsessive list-making (more than usual) and of course obsessive thoughts. And a few other behaviors. No, I'm not touching the doorknob seven times before I turn it -- although -- might not be a bad idea. I'll add it to the list. I can't think of any of these that are hurting anyone, including myself, so I guess it's a harmless way toward a bit of regained control in the short term.

There are 110 words in that paragraph.

8 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Don said...

Nothing wrong with eating the same foods - I hear that's actually supposed to be good for you, as long as those choices were healthy in the first place.

I think a vacation would be a cool idea for you. (For us all, yeah, but for you in particular...) When's your next one due?

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Kohai, no comment on the healthy food. And I do have a vacation coming up -- next week, in fact. I need it, you're so right.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Sally-Sal said...

A vacation with lots of dancing, maybe some karaoke and fruity drinks with umbrellas? ;)

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger NWO said...

Or a vacation to the wildlands of Oregon.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Sally, if I'm lucky, it'll be all that and time spent putting my feet up like a lady of leisure.

NWO, is Oregon wild? Scratch that. It's a place where nobody hates me, and that sounds like heaven. And I've got a giant airline credit from my last aborted vacation burning a hole in my pocket. Sign me up.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Jonas said...

So go ahead and book that vacation!

A suggestion: remember to wash your hands each time you touch your keyboard.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

Jonas, arrrrrrggggghhhhhh. Yer killing me over here. I'm very susceptible to suggestion.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Don said...

Then I suggest you kiss someone, soon! Heeehheeheeheheeheeeehehe....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home