Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Once is coincidence, twice is happenstance, three times is enemy action

That quote doesn't exactly apply to the coincidence I'm thinking about, but a friend told it to me the other day, and I like it.
I got another e-mail from an old high school friend. She and I were very close up through the end of junior year, when she and her family moved away. Her sister was a couple of years ahead of me, and got some sort of newsletter from the high school, with information about my class' reunion. She showed it to my old friend, and here we are, back in contact. I haven't seen her since 1998, I think.
The coincidence was that I was talking about her just the day before. I hadn't thought about her for a very long time, but I was telling the pilot all about her. Seems she's living out west now, doing very well. She's got a good job and a good man and is enjoying life, which makes me so glad. Now I get to find out everything my old friend has been up to and see what we can remember from when we hung out a hundred years ago and chased boys and ran away from boys and wore neon pink shoes and 40 bracelets on each arm. Come on, it was the 80s.
Good things do come to good people, as I can attest.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger Nish said...

I had a friend like that once. I would just randomly think about her or tell a story about the 2 of us and she'd appear within 48 hours. :) It's crazy how we just never forget certain people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home