Devil with the Green Eyes

I know you can only see me as a vision.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Giving is better than receiving


I love my job. How many of you can say that? I know how absolutely fortunate I am that I work in an office with smart, smart-aleck, hilarious, daring, dedicated, supportive, driven, loyal and generous people. We have a great thing going here. In the entire time I've been here, only a couple of people have left. It's that good. The work is challenging but we laugh all day and would (and do) do anything for each other, inside or outside the office. I've never worked in a better environment with better people. What makes me respect all my coworkers more is the fact that they're all very cognizant of how lucky we are and how good life is. We often get together to try to spread the wealth around. It gives me chills to look the pictures of the unit in Iraq that we as an office adopted. Sending them boxes full of the material things that they need or that might help them distract their minds from the danger all around them makes a little difference, I hope. May they all come home safely soon.


2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greeny - that is a great cause really well worth it - well done

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Don said...

You're a lucky woman to be working in such a fantastic environment. Mine is merely OK, yours is outstanding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home